Those annoying tiny white flakes can ruin the best of your outfits and the best of your days. Your hip, hot sunglasses, the masculine perfume, the suit and the tie, all come down to nada because of dandruff. While dandruff is something that can easily spread between people, luckily, it is also one of the easiest to get rid off. Check out some of the best anti-dandruff shampoos for men in India.
Top Anti Dandruff shampoo for men in India
#1 – Spruce Shave Club Charcoal Anti-dandruff shampoo for men in India
Spruce is one of those brands that makes haircare and skincare products particularly for men.
- This Charcoal shampoo is enriched with Apple Cider Vinegar which is an ingredient known to clear out dandruff, clean the scalp and keep it fresh smelling.
- It’s a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin cells and an antifungal agent.
- This shampoo has other active ingredients as well, like charcoal which is excellent for removing oil and reducing the itchiness in the scalp.
- Then you have keratin, which strengthens the hair, and most importantly Biotin, the vitamin prescribed by doctors to balance any deficiencies that may lead to hair loss.
- There are plenty of essential oils to replace the oils that are stripped off, give you shinier and silkier hair, calm and soothe the scalp and to naturally keep dandruff and other infections at bay.
- As you can expect, this shampoo that is free of parabens does not come cheap. It is priced as a premium product and it is worth every penny you spend on it.
|Presence of a lot of essential oils||Expensive.|
#2 – Clear Complete Active Care Anti Dandruff Shampoo for men in India
While many haircare brands distribute their attention between many hair conditions and issues, Clear focuses primarily on anti-dandruff treatment, and especially for men. In a way, it’s good to use a shampoo from a brand that is an expert in the issue you wish to treat.
- Among the many shampoos that Clear has, the Clear Complete Active Care Anti-dandruff shampoo is indeed very effective in more than one way.
- We find that the hair does not feel rough or dry as many anti-dandruff shampoos end up making it.
- Hair feels clean and very soft. It can be comfortably used for any type of hair as even though it adds to the natural oils, it does not end up making your scalp too greasy. You can say that this is one of the best medicated shampoo for dandruff.
- The one downside is that this is not a permanent solution, so you might have to use this regularly and long term if you want to keep your hair free of dandruff.
|Cleans the hair thoroughly.||May not be a permanent solution.|
#3 – Ustraa Anti Dandruff Hair Shampoo for men in India
Ustraa Anti Dandruff Hair Shampoo is a wonderful concoction of ginger and tea tree extracts, both very effective ingredients when it comes to getting rid of dandruff without harming the hair or the scalp.
- These ensure that your hair does not get too dry or brittle, but that your scalp is squeaky clean after a wash.
- Since it is free of sulphates and parabens, it is safe to be used regularly and long term.
- The absence of sulphates also adds to keeping the hair strong and silky. The antifungal properties of tea tree extract work on fighting the deeper issues of fungus and not just dry scalp.
- The ginger replenishes the lost moisture and keeps the skin hydrated.
- It is also a natural anti-inflammatory, so your scalp is healed of any bruises caused due to frequent scratching.
- Using this shampoo a couple of times every week keeps the scalp healthy and clean of dandruff.
|Will retain moisture.||Expensive.|
#4 – The Man Company Apple Cider Vinegar Anti Dandruff shampoo for men
Once upon a time, most hair care products were targeted only at women. Men had to make do with whatever was available. But these days it’s nice to see not one, not two, but plenty of brands that specifically make products for men. The Man Company is one such brand that has changed the way men focus on grooming.
- The anti-dandruff shampoo uses Apple Cider Vinegar as its main ingredient that is indeed very effective.
- It not only removes dandruff but it also softens the texture of the hair, makes it silky, reduces itching, and flaking in the scalp.
- This shampoo is gentle enough with a very mild and natural fragrance to be used every day. It is free of harmful sulfates and parabens.
|Softens the texture of the hair.||Expensive.|
#5 – Head & Shoulders, Anti Dandruff Shampoo for men in India
One of the most prominent names that come to mind when we think of “anti-dandruff” shampoos in India is “Head & Shoulders”. The number of advertisements we’ve watched over the years is not the only reason.
- This was one of the first anti-dandruff products to be sold in our country and it’s something we would have used at least once in our life. Head & Shoulders has come a long way from just plain old shampoo to including different ingredients that make it better.
- The Cool Menthol one is our pick as it is soothing and cools, perfect for men who wash their hair every other day.
- This has zinc pyrithione which tackles not only the flakes but the root of dandruff, getting rid of the problem for good.
- The one thing to keep in mind is that, like all Head & Shoulders shampoos, this one is quite strong too, like a medicated shampoo, and not something you want to use for a long time.
|Strong reaction to the dandruff.||Expensive.|
#6 – Park Avenue ANTI DANDRUFF Beer for men in India
Beer solves everything (couldn’t resist that one!), even dandruff woes. Beer contains a lot of protein that strengthens your hair, gives it shine, makes it soft and gives it lots of volume.
- Since Park Avenue uses real beer as the main ingredient in their shampoos, you get all the benefits without the addition of other chemicals.
- The Beer hops in the shampoo are naturally full of vitamins which help clean the scalp and replenish the oil that is required.
- It also reduces hair fall. This is one way in which dandruff is gotten rid of.
- Barley is another component in beer that softens the hair and stimulates hair growth. Together these reduce itching, flaky scalp and you see amazing results with just a couple of washes. Be gentle with your hair and use accessories that are not hard on the hair strands.
- However, this is not a permanent solution and while it can be used if you have light dandruff, it does not work on very severe cases of dandruff.
|Besides terminating dandruff it also reduces hair fall.||None.|
#7 – HYPE BODY Caffeine Anti Dandruff Hair Fall Shampoo for Men
Hype Body anti-dandruff shampoo is an all-in-one shampoo that not only works on getting rid of dandruff but also ensures that your hair is healthy, grows to be strong, looks shiny and silky.
- It is apt for men who sweat a lot or who workout regularly and wash their hair every day.
- is gentle, yet very efficient and does the job it promises to do.
- The caffeine in this shampoo works on relaxing the tension in the scalp, improving the amount of oxygen pumped to the nerve endings, therefore making the hair more lustrous and shinier.
- The blend of essential oils remove dandruff, infuse moisture, get rid of itchiness and keep the scalp healthy.
- It also strengthens the hair by coating it with protein and reduces hair fall. Check out some great shampoos for hair thickness and hair growth.
- This shampoo can be used on any type of hair for great results.
|Infuses moisture with a blend of essentials.||None.|
#8 – Biotique Bio Neem Margosa Anti Dandruff Shampoo for men in India
Biotique is now a common household name in India owing to its use of pure and natural ayurvedic ingredients. The skincare and haircare products are safe to use as they don’t include any harmful chemicals, parabens or sulphates.
- The Bio Neem Margosa anti-dandruff shampoo is one of the best you can find to solve your scalp infection.
- Though this is not created especially for men, it is a shampoo that is very effective, gentle and to be used regularly.
- The anti-fungal properties of neem help resolve the root cause of dandruff.
- The shampoo has other active ingredients that remove flakiness, itchiness and dryness and hydrate the scalp to remove dandruff.
- It also includes the popular Bringraj herb which is known to stimulate hair growth, make hair softer and keep the scalp healthy.
|Removes itchiness and flakiness.||None|
#9 – VLCC dandruff control shampoo
VLCC is a reputable brand with some promising and well performing products that have nurtured skin and hair.
- This anti drandruff shampoo for men is made up of hibiscus extracts which adds to the shine of the hair strands while also keeping the hair lush and strong.
- It has added keratin which protects the hair from pollutants and other dust particles from making the hair dry and rough.
- Make sure you massage your hair for a good 5 minutes before you wash it off.
- This has also proven to rectify damaged hair strands and renew the hair strands.
|Effective hair shampoo to remove dandruff from scalp.||Not easily available.|
#10 – Satthwa anti-dandruff shampoo
This alcohol-free shampoo has come as a rescue to those who are suffering from intense damage to the hair strands.
- Infused with argan oil and almond oil this anti dandruff shampoo can work wonders by removing the dandruff embedded deep within the scalp and give you a nourished scalp.
- The presence of aloevera acts as a cooling agent and protects your scalp from the heat which in turn works as a protection against flaking.
- This shampoo works for all hair types and keeps the hair strands shiny and smooth.
|Works as a cooling agent.||None.|
What are the common causes of dandruff?
Most often, dandruff is caused by either very oily scalp or a very dry scalp. This is the easiest to treat. Other than this, dandruff could be because of a fungal infection, allergy to certain skincare or haircare products and other skin conditions like psoriasis.
How can we get rid of dandruff?
One of the basic ways of getting rid of dandruff is by consistently and consciously keeping your hair and scalp clean. This means making sure that you wash your hair regularly (at least once in two days) with an anti-dandruff shampoo, changing your sheets and pillowcases every two days and washing your comb and hair brush thoroughly every day.
Since dandruff can have medical reasons as well, if the above plan does not work, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to figure out deeper reasons behind it and treat it accordingly.
Why should men and women use different anti-dandruff shampoos?
Men’s and women’s scalps are different. Men’s scalps produce more sebum, making it more oily and therefore, more prone to develop dandruff. They tend to lose the protein barrier and require a shampoo that can work on coating their scalp and hair with protein.
Men also have shorter hair and tend to wash their hair regularly (almost every day), so they need milder shampoos that can remove dirt and oil. For these reasons, it is advisable that men and women do not interchange their shampoos.
Can lemon remove dandruff?
Yes lemon is known for its capacity to remove oil and dandruff. Although it is not advised for men with a sensitive scalp to use it since citrus can be quite harsh on the skin.
Although we suggest you use this only once a week since there can be burning sensations if used too much.
Can egg remove dandruff?
While egg can promote hair growth and strengthen the hair it can also reduce dandruff from the scalp and reduce itchiness to a great extent.
Make sure your using a good scented shampoo to remove the odour off your hair.
Getting rid of dandruff can be a difficult mission, so our list should be a big help for you to keep your hair intact and dandruff free.