When it comes to shopping, all of us look for deals and offers. We want the best brands at the cheapest price. Do you agree? If you are a true blue Indian, I am sure you will.
I have been an avid online shopper for years and I have my tips and tricks to find the best deals in the market. The competition among online shopping sites is massive in India and you need to make the best of it.
When I meant the best cheapest online shopping sites, I do not mean they sell sub-standard products. I wanted this list to be educative and a record of some of the best online shopping sites that are popular among the masses.
Related: Top Chatting Apps in India
I love online shopping as I mentioned, it gives me the freedom of shopping from wherever I am, across devices, and at my own pace. I can save money, time and get the best offers all from the comfort of my home.
After having reviewed all the cheap online shopping sites in India based on various factors like UX/UI, Shipping, Payment, Range of products, quality, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 5 online shopping sites that really stood out. These 5 were put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best cheapest online shopping site is Amazon.in. Not only does it have a huge range of products but it also has multiple discounts and deals that make it the best cheap online platform. It is usually cheaper to buy a product on Amazon than a retail store. Most importantly, the shipping speed and customer support are convenient. Additionally, the payment methods are extremely safe.
Related: Best Desktop Brands in India
Best Cheapest Online Shopping Sites
With an approximate score of 4.15 out of five, Amazon.in is not just on top of my list but also millions of Indians. It has created a marketplace and brand name for itself in India. It’s one of the Best Cheapest Online Shopping Sites.
What started as a portal for books, you can now shop almost any product online on Amazon India. Not just stop, you can pay your utility bills, book flight and train tickets along with sending money, buying insurance online too. The offers are unmatched and if you think of online shopping, Amazon is the first site you can think of.
What makes it the best?
- A global leader in online shopping and the user-friendly nature of the amazon app and website
- Approximately 20 million products for sale, you get to choose the brand you what you want in a jiffy
- The customer service is responsive and their refund and return policies are the best
- The service Amazon Prime allows you to get free shipping even if the product is INR 10. The service which is INR 999 per year gives your value-added features like Prime Video subscription and cashback too
- The website ranks number 3 on Alexa ranking for websites in India and with an app download on Google Play over 100,000,000+
- Amazon Great Indian Sale is one of the most successful online sales in the country
Related: Best Earphones With A Mic Under 1000
Flipkart Pvt Ltd is a shopping platform based out of Bengaluru, India, and has grown exponentially since 2007. They also started selling books online but have diversified. They offer products across categories and showcases a lot of Indian brands at unbeatable prices.
Flipkart now features products like electronics, fashion, lifestyle products, groceries to name a few. Flipkart also has a great network that offers dropshipping across India and you also get same-day delivery in most of the metros.
What makes it the best?
- This Indian e-commerce giant has a loyalty program – Flipkart Plus offering privileges like early access, customer support, faster delivery. This along with Flipkart Supercoins can be redeemed to get discounts.
- Free delivery is available too for the Flipkart Plus members
- Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale offers the best deals when compared to other online festival sales
- The website is ranked number 6 in India on Alexa and has app downloads of close to 100,000,000+ on Google Playstore
Started in 2007, Myntra.com started selling gift items for the Indian consumer. It is now a website synonymous with fashion. They sell fashion products for men, women, and kids and feature the best brands from India and abroad at prices you can only wish for.
The brand list Myntra boasts of consists of Nike, Reebok, Puma, Adidas, Lee among other leading lifestyle clothing brands. The brand has an app and website which is extremely easy to use.
What makes it the best?
- The choice of footwear, clothing, and beauty products is the best across online shopping sites
- They also feature a lot of home decor and furnishing products which the Indian masses have lapped up
- The products cater to the budget-friendly masses too
- The Flipkart-owned company has recently introduced Myntra insider that is aimed at improving user engagement. You will now enjoy Insider points that you can redeem to get added discounts, customer support, and faster shipping
- Myntra End of Season Sale is known for its product launches and offers even on the latest fashion brands.
- They rank 80 in the Alexa website ranking in India and have app downloads close to 100,000,000+ on Google Playstore.
A brand like Tata starting an online platform invokes a lot of trust without having to do much. They are a brand that sells authentic products with a fast and safe delivery promise.
I like the website and the app. It is easy to find products across categories and I love browsing for the latest in electronics. You also get a manufacturer warranty, with the best deals from a wide range of brands.
What makes it the best?
- Tata CLiQ offers an omnichannel to consumers for shopping. You save time and money shopping with TataCliQ offers
- The website allows customers an option to return it at any of their retails stores if they are not happy. Now that is something I love as a customer of Tata CliQ
- Their range also includes men, women, and kids fashion along with their mainstay electronics and appliances ranging from mobile phones to personal care products.
- The Tata CLiQ Epictronic Sale draws huge crowds to the website and app for the mega discounts.
- The website gets close to 12,500 unique visitors every day with an impressive app download of 10,000,000+ on Google Playstore
An online shopping store for furniture, Pepperfry was started by Ambareesh Murty and Ashish Shah in 2011. They are now a leading shopping portal in India for home decor, lamps, furnishing, homeware at the best prices in the market.
The Indian middle class has taken a liking to home decor and the interiors space has exploded in the Indian market. We all look for cheaper options and Pepperfry has filled that void. They offer great deals on furniture, kitchenware, home interiors, and much much more.
What makes it the best?
- With an Alexa Rank of 387 and app downloads of 5,000,000+ on Google Playstore, Pepperfry is the most popular website for all things home in India
- They have recently included kitchen appliances, hardware, and electricals that include lighting too making it a one-stop-shop for home shopping
- What struck me most is up to 50% off on most product categories. I wouldn’t even look for any alternatives as they also offer no-cost EMI as a payment mode
- They even offer furniture rentals in select metros if you do not want to purchase it outright. This model is set to boom in the Indian market.
If there is one online platform that fits the topic, best cheapest online shopping site, is PaytmMall.com. The offers they provide and the prices they sell products at are unmatched.
They sell a lot of smaller brands when compared to other portals but they have a wide range of product segments. The categories range from fashion, electronics, home furnishings, and consumer durables.
What makes it the best?
- A rating of 4.85 is commendable based on user reviews. They have a unique visitor count of 41,520 which is impressive too. They have about 10,000,000+ app downloads too
- They offer free shipping on selected products along with a varied shipping feed based on the product you order and not a standard shipping fee like other portals
- You get some unique products if you keep browsing as I do. Things like lights and gadgets for the house.
Apart from these best cheapest online shopping sites, others have carved a niche for themselves. I am listing them for your consideration here
Nykaa.com – An online shopping website dedicated to beauty and wellness. Their range consists of makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrances to name a few.
Firstcry.com – This shopping portal from the Mahindra group is dedicated to baby and kids products. The website boasts of over two thousand national and international brands in this segment.
BigBasket.com – An online grocery portal that has some of the best deals in this segment.
LensKart.com – is an Indian eyewear online portal for a range of products related to prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. I like their in-house robotic lens manufacturing and assembling for 100% precision. They have revolutionized shopping for eyewear in India.
Netmeds.com – This is another first in the Indian Market where you can shop for prescription medicine and wellness products.
With budget being a concern, these best cheapest online shopping sites make life so much easier. So much so that they make us think before stepping out to shop. Don’t you agree?
Along with the established sites like Amazon, Myntra, and Flipkart, there are many new ones like Grofers, healthkart, Bewakoof, and brand factory that have made a difference in the life of the Indian consumer.
The development in technology also provides us with an enhanced shopping experience.
I hope this comprehensive list helps you get the best deals this season. I will be back with another list soon. Till then, shop away at the right prices to your heart’s content. Check out our list of the Best Cheapest Online Shopping Sites.
How did I select the best cheapest online shopping site?
I wanted to share a few tips and tricks to select the best cheapest online shopping sites in India.
- The popularity of the website – The first criterion, the website must be popular, this makes it more reliable. The more reliable the website is, the better the offers and the quality of the products.
- The security – In simple words, is the shopping site secure. The websites that run on HTTPS are always a good bet. You also need to answer questions like, will my details be safe on the site. This includes your number, address, and payment details too.
- The payment options – Another important criterion is to pick the right shopping site for yourself. You need to have the freedom to choose how you pay, right? Any good shopping site should provide multiple payment options like Visa Card, MasterCard, Credit Cards, debit cards, PayPal, cash on delivery, and even UPI and wallet payments.
- Reliable shipping and return policy – This is one of the most important checkpoints too as far as online shopping is concerned. The ease of returning a product or dress to the seller and getting a replacement is my top priority. A good online shopping site should provide a reasonable period of return with a transparent refund policy.
Hipbrands puts together some of the best brands in India to make it easier for our readers to purchase wisely.
I’m Preethi Menon, an avid learner of tech and gadgets. I have been reviewing top brands for 5 years and aim to do the same more elaborately so as to give a customer everything there is to know about a particular brand. There are brands in India that are overlooked due to the dominating mainstream direction we are headed in. At Hipbrands, we believe in the balance of quality and cost and focus on brands that provide exactly that!
To give you an insight into our expertise, here are some of the major categories that we cover on our site – Technology, Fashion, Food, Accessories, and Information.
So brace yourselves into knowing more and experiencing more from the best brands in the country!