Just the thought of light and fluffy rice with some spicy gravy makes my mouth water! Since rice is something we eat quite often, it is worth it to get a good electric rice cooker.
Even better when it is given a lot of thought and is worth the buy. So buckle up, because we have the best electric rice cookers in India for you.
Top electric rice cooker in India 2022
So why an electric rice cooker?
Simply because it is faster and saves you from the hassle of using a pressure cooker or anything else that looks intimidating in the kitchen. Let us quickly give you a glance into the pros of using an electric rice cooker.
- Besides cooking rice you can also steam vegetables, poach fruit and make yourself nice oatmeal for breakfast. So it’s not just about rice!
- It is fast.
- It’s safe compared to a stove.
The downside is that pressure cookers do cook a lot quicker than electric cookers and can, therefore, be used to cook lentils and beans, which cannot be done with an electric rice cooker.
|Product Features||Electric Rice cooker||Price|
|Cost effective||BMS Lifestyle electric rice cooker||Rs. 800|
|Inclusive of all features||Panasonic automatic electric cooker |
|For a big family||Preethi touch electric cooker||Rs. 4,999|
|For 2 people|
Pigeon electric rice cooker
Agaro supreme rice cooker
Read on to find the best electric rice cookers in India.
#1 – Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
Panasonic appliances have the reputation of being efficient and lasting a really long time without the need for any repairs.
- These are probably the most popular in the market and are widely used in most Indian homes.
- This brand has various models in different pricing depending on the features and sizes.
- This particular model is a basic one that comes with a cooking plate and a scoop/ladle.
- It has an automatic shut off feature that turns off when the rice is cooked. This helps save power and make sure that the rice doesn’t get burned.
- As this is a basic model, it does not have the function where rice can be maintained at a warm temperature after it is cooked.
- This comes with a 2-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the heater.
Comes with a 2-year warranty on the product.
It cannot maintain heat after cooking.
#2 – Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 660-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker 4.4 Litre
The Panasonic SR-Y18FHS is an advanced version of the electric rice cooker by this brand.
- This one has a lot of features that are very useful apart from simply cooking the rice.
- This one has a “keep warm” function that the previous model on our list doesn’t come with. This is a feature I love.
- Once the food is cooked, it automatically goes to the “keep warm” stage and stays that way until you get back home, ensuring that the rice is hot and ready for you to eat. Another additional feature is the vegetable steamer tray.
- This is great if you like a side of veggies with your meal without having to spend extra time steaming them separately.
- This also saves electricity for you.
- The cooking pan is non-stick coated, making it easy to prepare various dishes without too much oil.
- It’s easy to clean as well. This costs more than the basic model but worth the investment.
Easy to clean and maintain.
#3 – Prestige Delight 700 watts electric rice cooker
Prestige is another reliable brand and a popular household name when it comes to your pressure cookers.
- This is an innovative electric cooker with two cooking pans, making it even easier for you to cook multiple dishes without having to wash the pan first.
- This comes with a warmer function as well to keep your food warm once it is done cooking.
- The power cord is detachable.
- This makes it quite convenient and easy to pack if you want to carry this electric cooker on your travels.
- The overall quality of the cooker is quite good.
- The downside is that the lid does not feel very strong and might require some delicate handling.
Has two cooking pans.
The lid is not very strong.
#4 – Preethi Touch EPC005 Electric rice cooker
Popular for their mixer grinders, Preethi is always looking to innovate.
- The Touch EPC005 is an extremely advanced type of equipment looking to make normal pressure cookers obsolete.
- This one is in between an electric rice cooker and an instant pot with its multifunctional features.
- There are several pre-set options for some common Indian dishes that you can select for automatically timed cooking.
- You can also manually set the timing if you like.
- This has an additional pressure cooker setting which makes it super convenient to use it as an all-in-one device.
- The pot is non-stick coated, therefore, easy to cook in and wash up. Prestige claims that this is created with a “nutri++” technology that ensures that the nutrition of the food is retained.
- This is quite an expensive cooker which is a given, taking into consideration all the features it is equipped with.
Retains the nutrition of food.
#5 – Bajaj RCX 5 Electric rice cooker
Bajaj is a trusted “made in India” brand that has catered to us through the generations.
- The RCX 5 electric rice cooker is a basic cooker with just the cooking function and no warming feature.
- Though it is priced on the slightly more expensive side, you can get this for quite a sweet price if you buy it online.
- You do get a measuring cup and a scoop along with this cooker.
- The overall quality of the cooking pan, the lid and the outer body are quite good but it would help to take good care of these to ensure that the product lasts long without any issues.
- Bajaj gives a warranty of 2 years on the product.
Warranty of 2 years.
#6 – Geek Robocook Electric rice cooker
The Geek Robocook is another multipurpose electric cooker that is super impressive with its multiple features.
- This cooker promises to retain the nutrition of the food that is cooked. There are several safety features that this comes equipped with, that gives us peace of mind.
- Like the Preethi Touch, the Geek Robocook also comes with a few standard Indian dishes that have pre-set settings to make cooking them a lot easier and quicker.
- The pot has a capacity of 5 litres and it is Teflon coated making your cooking not only oil-less but also easy to clean afterwards.
- The durability of this pot is good.
- Look online for good deals and discounts on this electric rice cooker.
Has a capacity of 5 litres.
#7 – Pigeon Electric Rice Cooker
The electric rice cookers by Pigeon is truly value for money.
- You get this cooker with not only the cooking facility but also an added warming feature that is very useful.
- The outer body feels quite tough and sturdy and the same can be said for the actual pot and lid as well.
- It automatically shuts off when the rice is cooked and goes to the warming mode, helping you save energy.
- It retains heat for about 3-4 hours.
- This is a small-sized cooker. It is light in weight and can be easily carried around if required.
It is a portable electric rice cooker.
#8 – AGARO Supreme Pro Electric rice cooker
The Agaro Supreme Pro is the next one on our list and a good choice for you if you are looking for an electric cooker in a small budget.
- This cooker even comes with a steamer section which we are totally impressed with, considering the price.
- It is a small cooker and can cook up to 400 grams of rice in one sitting.
- The power cord is detachable, making it easier to move around. You get a warranty of 3 years on the heating pad.
- This set comes with a measuring cup and a scoop.
Warranty of 3 years.
#9 – BMS Lifestyle 400W electric rice cooker
BMS Lifestyle electric rice cooker is a modern-looking device with a lock feature that takes away the issue of the lid rattling on other electric cookers.
- It has a vent for the steam to escape and the cooking pot is non-stick.
- There is a handle that you can use to carry this to the dining table if required. It also comes with a spatula and a measuring cup.
- For all the features this comes with, the price it is sold at will make your eyes pop out!
Affordable in spite of all the features.
Electric Rice Cooker Brands In India
Choosing an electric rice cooker can seem like a menial and pointless thing to do but it does affect your cooking in a lot of ways. Here are some pointers for choosing an electric rice cooker.
How to choose an electric rice cooker?
There are so many brands selling electric rice cookers and it can make you wonder which one to buy. Hope the above list with all the details about the features offered by these brands made it easier for you to make your decision. Consider the following points before you buy one:
- Quantity of rice you’re going to be cooking (decide the size)
- Frequency of cooking rice
- Do you want the “warmer” function in your cooker?
- Do you want an electric cooker with the steamer?
- Your budget
How to maintain your electric rice cooker?
For prolonging the life of your electric cooker, follow these tips:
- Never wash the outer body in water. Wipe it down with a damp soapy cloth and then follow it up with a damp clean cloth
- Always dry the outer surface of the cooking vessel before placing it inside the outer body
- Wash the non-stick vessels with a soft scrubber to help them last longer
- Only use the scoop provided by the company or use a wooden spatula to remove the food from the cooker
Pressure cooker vs Electric rice cooker
An electric rice cooker makes life a lot easier, and personally, for me, I find that rice cooked in an electric cooker turns out much better than one cooked in a pressure cooker. This is because:
- in a pressure cooker, you have to ensure that the water to rice ratio is perfect, otherwise, you’re going to end up with either undercooked rice or some mush.
- different rice cooks differently and all that experimenting is something I’d like to skip.
- I also like it that with an electric cooker, I don’t have to keep an eye on the time or watch out for the whistles of a pressure cooker.
- Electric rice cooker shuts off automatically
- It’s portable, so can be used in any room that has an electricity socket
Electric rice cookers are indeed very convenient because they are easy to clean and maintain, requiring very little effort.
You can not only cook plain white rice but get a little creative and make everything from halwas and curries to pulavs and chicken biryanis. The texture turns out perfect every single time even for novice cooks. This is something you definitely have to get yourself and start rustling up some quick and delicious meals.