It’s true that no one can see what you wear inside, but that shouldn’t stop you from being stylish and comfortable inside as well. After all, the best kind of person is one who is beautiful inside and out. That’s why one must pick one that makes you feel secure and requires the least readjusting. Being comfortable in your own skin starts from here.
Related: Check out our list of the Top Clothing Brands in India!
Here’s an unpopular opinion: Men are pickier than you think about what underwear they wear. It is the first thing they put on and the absolute last thing they take off. It’s got to be the best. So, it’s a rather important topic I think, no?
So, men, whether you’re looking to get more comfortable, or you simply want to update your underwear drawer, you’re at the right place. We’ve created a list of the best brands of underwear you can find in India.
|Best underwear brands for men||Link|
|Dollar big boss||Link|
After having reviewed all the men’s underwear brands in India based on various factors like comfort, material, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 10 brands that really stood out. Products from these 10 were further put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best men’s underwear brand in India is Jockey. Not only is it made from comfortable and breathable fabric but it also comes with a double-layered contour pouch that conceals everything perfectly. Most importantly, it doesn’t stand out when wearing pants.
Related: Best Shirt Brands in India
- 1 Top Men’s Underwear Brands in India 2021
- 1.1 Jockey
- 1.2 Hanes
- 1.3 Lux Cozi
- 1.4 Dollar Big Boss
- 1.5 Calvin Klein
- 1.6 Levi’s
- 1.7 VIP
- 1.8 Van Heusen
- 1.9 United Colors of Benetton
- 1.10 Chromozome
Top Men’s Underwear Brands in India 2021
Unsurprisingly, Jockey is the first one on our list. If you can’t decide, you can always trust and fall back on our most-loved brand. It’s comfortable, obviously, but they go the extra mile and make label-free underwears for all-day comfort.
Jockey’s briefs and trunks come with a double-layered contour pouch to make sure you’re well concealed everywhere.
These use super-combed cotton material that makes them stretchy and snug around your below-trunk area. In fact, they use Elastane Stretch Fabric such as lycra or spandex to give you extra room. So, even if you think you’ve bulked up a bit, you have some time before you buy new sizes.
If you’re a boxer person, prepare to be blessed with two pockets and roam around as if they’re shorts (although, you probably shouldn’t). There’s only one difference in the material — these don’t use Elastane. All the Jockey underwear come in a variety of sizes, colours and prints.
Related: Best Leather Jacket Brands in India
Hanes’ underwear is undeniably durable. They’ve been gaining the trust of its customers for multiple decades now. I think the most important thing they bring to the table is that all their underwears include a leg band that prevents it from riding up without causing discomfort. These underwears are unbeatable in terms of comfort, fit and style.
The Hanes underwear come in a variety of styles – boxers, briefs and boxer briefs. Hanes is one of the few brands that makes long leg snug boxer briefs. They’re excellent for people who’re prone to experience chafing in the inner thighs region.
Their material uses a freshening and wicking technology that actually proves to be very beneficial. Say hello to sweat free long days of work. You know you’ll never get uncomfortable and irritable if you’re super dry down there!
I have two words. Fashionably comfortable. This baby is purely Indian bred. Who’d know how to create men’s underwear for men better than the innerwear moguls of India. There’s a reason they have over 5 lakh retail outlets throughout India.
The first thing to take note of with these is that all of LUX Cozi’s underwears are made with 100% super combed cotton. You’re going to experience an itch-free, super-easy day with these.
They come in two styles, briefs and boxer briefs. Their 100% cotton feature makes them breathable and airy. They come in sizes that range all the way from XS to XXL. They all come in assorted colours with waistbands that are truly comfortable around your waist. Lux Cozi underwears are one of the most affordable of the lot.
Related: Best Jacket Brands in India
Dollar Big Boss
While we’re on the subject of Indian brands, let’s talk about the Dollar Big Boss underwear. Like the name suggests, Dollar, it’s truly a value for your money. The front fly of the underwear made by Dollar is functional and made to provide optimal support.
The material used in creating these is about 94% cotton with a mix of 6% spandex. In addition to that, the super-soft waistband has firm elasticity that will hang around your waist with grace.
There’s a limit to how many styles of underwear one can make, but not with Dollar. They make mini trunks, cotton briefs, long boxers, lycra trunks and what not! It’s a bargain!
The origin of Calvin Klien underwear was a gamechanger for experiencing the comfort of inner-wear. It is this brand that realized and executed what men wanted in their underwear. For it to not cover up all the way up to the belly button. It can get quite unforgettable with the inseam riding up.
Calvin Klein underwear is classy, clean, bold and most of all, makes you feel confident. They are a work of art. These are made with a blend of super-soft cotton and the right quantities and stretchy elastane.
Their look is enhanced with a hunky waistband that goes all around. In addition to that, I can vouch for the material and quality. A single pair will last you a good time, my friend. Solid trunks or cotton briefs, it’s your choice!
Wearing Levi’s underwear would feel as if you simply had a second skin all along. Its super-soft cotton blend makes it feel like a seamless part of your body, ensuring comfort all day long. The fabric is breathable and avoids dampness and stickiness on humid days and sweaty nights. They have an antimicrobial quality that also keeps it odour free and leaves you feeling pleasant.
The makers prioritized not including tags that can cause itchiness and lead to discomfort. Their nylon waistband is designed to provide flexible and unrestricted movement while anything you do. The Levi’s collection is available in many fun colours and a couple of styles such as briefs and boxer briefs.
VIP underwears are one of the other most popular Indian underwear brands that are known for its durability, comfort and variety. The VIP company has multiple sub brands like VIP Feelings, VIP Innerwear, Frenchie and Frenchie X. All of these are made of combed cotton that makes it feel super soft against your skin.
They come in various sizes and in an assortment of colours that will nicely complement your wardrobe. These underwears are made to provide support and ventilation to your parts and keep them feeling comfortable.
The Van Heusen underwears are made with the Antibacterial N9 Pure Silver technology that makes the garment remain fresher and odour free for long hours helping you stay dry and cool at all times. In addition to that, the Van Heusen underwears also use the Colour Fresh technology that helps prevent the underwears from looking too worn out and giving them the still-new feel.
The100% super combed cotton material is soft and plush against the skin as if you have slipped into the lap of luxury. The VH briefs are made of ribbed cotton that significantly change the levels of comfort felt on long days. All these underwears come with contrasting waistbands that make the overall look pretty stylish!
United Colors of Benetton
If you’re feeling quirky, and wanna up your game, choose the United Colours of Bennetton. Their printed underwear seems to be the hot new trending thing. These prints not only look smart but are comfy as hell and it happens to be o one of the Best Men’s Underwear Brands in India.
These briefs are made with high organic cotton and create an experience that feels seamless against your skin.
The softness, comfort and style combined make a reliable pair of undies that will leave you feeling confident and give you the freedom to be you. United Colors of Benetton makes fun and vibrant prints on their briefs and boxer shorts.
Chromozome is amongst one of India’s popular brands and is loved by many. The fabric used in making these is a blend of 95% cotton and about 5% spandex for that extra room and snug feel around the legs. This material is bio enzyme washed, ensuring that you never have lint or any sort of fuzz lingering on the surface. This way, it always remains smooth and gives a new-like feeling through the course of its life.
The waistband is made of a plush micro nylon elastic that feels smooth against the skin and avoids any cause for irritation. When bought in an assorted pack, it can be quite economical and most importantly, long-lasting. Chromozome sells briefs and boxer briefs.
How To Choose Right Men’s Underwear For Your Body Type?
Choosing the right men’s underwear might seem like it’s rather simple but it’s actually dependent on a lot of factors. Yes, that means you’ve probably have been choosing the wrong type of underwear all these years. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as wearing any type of underwear as it can’t be seen. Wearing the wrong type of underwear can make you look awkward and even make you’re trousers look bulky. Here are some of the factors to watch out for when buying men’s underwear:
The shape of your body
- The shape of your body is extremely important when it comes to the underwear. It’s not only sizes, there are underwear that suit an apple-shaped body but can look awkawrd on a pear-shaped body. Most importantly, the height is also critical when comes to the underwear.
Type of underwear
- There are various types of men’s underwear like briefs, boxers, trunks, and much more. And each type is useful for certain body shapes and, most importantly, ocassions. So, it’s better to choose a range as it can come in handy for various ocassions. We recommed buying one pair each for all the three common types: briefs, trunks, and boxers. As for anything else, it has to depend on your body shape.
- The fabric, of course, is one of the most important factors. Not only should it be comfortable but it should also be breathable and allow enough air to pass through. This is extremely important as it helps prevent any sort of health issues. Additionally, it also ensures blood circulation. We recommend cotton as it checks both the comfort and breathability boxes.
What are the types of men’s underwear?
Although there are close to 9 types of men’s underwear ranging from briefs to tangas and C-strings, the following three are the most commoon types and are perfect for everyday use:
- Briefs are the most common type of men’s underwear. Not only is it perfect for every situation, but it also ensures that your pants look smooth. While there are different variations like high-rise, mid-rise, and low-rise, the structure is pretty much the same with an elastic band at the waist.
- The fabric covers the pelvis without extending to the groin region. It is also known to be extremely comfortable and supports the groin. Since the legs are exposed, your pants don’t seem to be bulky, which is commonly seen with Boxers.
- When it comes to comfort, Boxers take the cake. Other than being breathable, this type of men’s underwear is also perfect for the winter as it shields your thighs. In fact, they cover everything from the pelvis to just above the knees without constricting the groin. Boxers are best worn with casual wear like loose pants, shorts or pyjamas.
- Trunks are sort of the fusion of Briefs and Boxers. Not only are they relatively breathable but they also provide the comfort and support of briefs. Most importantly, Trunks go well with formal wear as pants won’t look bulky. Check out our list of the Best Men’s Underwear Brands in India for all the details.
Which type of underwear is best for men?
Although majority of men don’t give too much thought when it comes to their underwear, it can really make or break your outfit. Most importantly, it can significantly affect your comfort level. After all, nobody really want loose or tight underwear do they? So, choosing the right underwear can go a long way.
However, choosing men’s underwear isn’t as simply as it seems. Not only is it dependent on size but the type also matters quite a lot. For example:
- Briefs are perfect for men with large thighs and for men with a large package. Of course, i’m not talking about tightie whities but sleeker designs that can show of those ripped legs. Thing biggest benefit of a brief is movement. You can comfortably move around without any friction between you thighs.
- As an added benefit, briefs also give the illusion of long legs due to the fact they expose pretty much everything. So, it can really help short men look taller. And of course, as mentioned earlier, Briefs also help support your groin region.
- While boxers offer zero support for your groin area, they provide maximum breathability. So, if you’re usually wearing jeans or track pants, then they’ll come in handy. They especially provide a lot of comfort in the summer months. Cotton boxers are considered to be the ideal sleepwear. However, the only drawback is that it goes with very few types of trousers. For example, you can see the boxer lines if you wear them underneath a formal suit trouser.
- It is also suitable for men with thin thighs. Men with thick thighs might feel uncomfortable as their groin region can get obstructed by the low cut of the boxers. Of course, a larger size can help with this issue.
- Trunks are ideal for slim men. Of course, more than anything it’s perfect for formal wear. It also makes you thighs look slimmer as there’s no extra fabric. This in turn also help you stand out if your muscular. Most importantly, trunks help enhance your groin region.
How to measure waist size?
Now, if your struggling to find a suitable type or size of underwear, then you can start by measuring your waist size. It’s the easiest solution the above issues. After all, the perfect fitting underwear is important not only for comfort but also because getting the wrong size can actually stand out underneath your trousers and make you look awkward. So, read on to find out how to measure your waist accurately.
- Majority of us actually mistake the waist measurements because we don’t know the specific location of the waist. No, it’s not on the hip bone. To locate the wasit all you have to do is find the area between where the rib cage ends and the hip bone. The area between the both is the waist. You can slightly go lower as to rest on in the portion above your hip bone. But it should be fleshy and not bony.
- Once you’ve found the waist, you need to get a measuring tape. Wrap the measuring tape around your waist to find the number. That’s would be your perfect size. Now, you should look for that number when you’re purchasing your underwear. Underwear manufacturers note down the number in addition to the letter. However, we have the size convention for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size in inches should I buy if it is only given in S, M, L?
Here’s a size guide for your conversion:
- S: 28 – 30
- M: 32 – 34
- L: 36 – 38
- XL: 40 – 42
- 2XL: 44 – 46
- 3XL: 48 – 50
What materials should I buy if I’m sweaty?
If you’re someone who perspires a lot, you should choose materials that are lightweight and breathable in nature. Cotton is your safest option. Keep your eyes open for underwears with moisture-wicking properties.
Some of the most important things to keep in mind when you’re buying underwear for yourself is comfort, style and the fabric used. Depending on your body type, you can pick from a range of absorbent to lightweight materials. All in all, make sure to keep your best interests in mind.
With the range that I curated for you, I doubt you’d have to skimp and compromise on any factor to find the best underwear for you! Don’t forget to check the size before you check out! Now, check out our list of the Best Men’s Underwear Brands in India for all the details.
How to wash underwear?
Washing your underwear isn’t a matter of hygiene, it also affects the lifespan of the underwear itself. While it won’t matter as much if your buying underwear regularly. It is extremely important if you’ve spent a few thousand on Calvin Kleins.
Now, every pair of underwear must be dealt with in a separate way. This is why we recommend you to stick to one brand as it needs to be washed regularly. The two methods are usually handed washing the underwear and machine washing them. And it depends on the brand and fabric. Usually, expensive underwears are supposed to be hand washed.
While cotton underwear can be thrown into the machine, those fancy silk underwear you have lying around needs to be hand washed. You also need to separate the whites from the colours.
We’ve also found certain hacks to make the cleaning session as effective as possible:
- You can add a bit of white vinegar to the water to help remove the odour of the underwear. This is usually for undies that are supposed to be hand washes.
- You can also turn the undies inside out before throwing them into the machine for the best results.
Hipbrands puts together some of the best brands in India to make it easier for our readers to purchase wisely.
I’m Preethi Menon, an avid learner of tech and gadgets. I have been reviewing top brands for 5 years and aim to do the same more elaborately so as to give a customer everything there is to know about a particular brand. There are brands in India that are overlooked due to the dominating mainstream direction we are headed in. At Hipbrands, we believe in the balance of quality and cost and focus on brands that provide exactly that!
To give you an insight into our expertise, here are some of the major categories that we cover on our site – Technology, Fashion, Food, Accessories, and Information.
So brace yourselves into knowing more and experiencing more from the best brands in the country!
Jockey is one of the leading and top brands in India for intimate wear for both men and women. What they promise and assure is quality and cost effectiveness.
Product SKU: IHGFYKJGFTR2345678
Product Brand: Jockey
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: 345
Price Valid Until: 2022-01-22
Product In-Stock: InStock