Flawless and healthy hair means using products that don’t have chemicals in it. There are so many shampoos that are free of sulphates and have a great impact on the hair especially on those who are on the verge of losing their hair. Check out our list of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India for all the details.
You begin to lose your texture when the pollutants and other external factors start acting upon your hair strands. But there’s very little you can do to protect your hair so you need to check out the best sulfate free shampoos in India.
Related: Most Popular Soap Brands in India
|Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India||Known For||Link|
|The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo||Best Overall||View on Amazon|
|Aveeno active natural shampoo||Best for Quick Results||View on Amazon|
|St. Botanica Activated charcoal shampoo||Best for Removing Impurities||View on Amazon|
|OGX macadamia shampoo||Best for Damaged Hair||View on Amazon|
|Biotique green apple shampoo||Best for Oily Hair||View on Amazon|
|L’Oreal Paris Ever fresh sulphate free shampoo||Best for Dandruff||View on Amazon|
|Kerastase discipline bain sulphate free shampoo||Best for Split Ends||View on Amazon|
|Khadi Mauri herbal shampoo||Best for Hair Growth||View on Amazon|
|WOW apple cider shampoo||Best for Dry Scalp||View on Amazon|
After having reviewed 100 Sulfate Free shampoos in India based on various factors such as effectiveness, ingredients, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 9 that really stood out. These 9 were put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best Sulfate free shampoo in India is The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo. It is a gel-based shampoo that is infused with herbs and other natural ingredients that are good for the hair. This sulfate-free shampoo is perfect for all kinds of hair including sensitive hair that’s prone to damage and breakage.
- 1 Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India
- 1.1 The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo
- 1.2 Aveeno active natural shampoo
- 1.3 St. Botanica Activated charcoal shampoo
- 1.4 OGX macadamia shampoo
- 1.5 Biotique green apple shampoo
- 1.6 L’Oreal Paris Ever fresh sulphate free shampoo
- 1.7 Kerastase discipline bain sulphate free shampoo
- 1.8 Khadi Mauri herbal shampoo
- 1.9 WOW apple cider shampoo
Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India
The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo
The Body shop has THE best hair products, hands down! Even though it is a known fact that they are a premium brand and has a certain price range which can be overwhelming for some consumers, you cannot deny that it works. It’s one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
- This natural shampoo from the Body Shop has infused herbs and absolutely no sulphates whatsoever. It is a gel-based shampoo that smells exotic and sweet aroma.
- Given the ingredients are very safe on the hair, you can use it as often as you want because it is not going to affect your hair negatively.
This shampoo is best suited for all hair types but a special mention to those who have sensitive hair strands. The only downside to this shampoo is that it is priced in the higher range.
Aveeno active natural shampoo
Aveeno is a herbal brand paving its way in the Indian market and allows you to experience basking in rare herbs. The shampoo is such that it deeply cleanses the scalp and rinses the impurities off the hair strands and from deep within the pores as well.
- Seaweed is the primary ingredient that explains the price of the product but is a total hit when used. Once you wash this shampoo off your hair it gives your hair more volume and gives you a certain sense of thickness.
- It works amazingly well on colour-treated hair as it does not rip the dye off the hair because of the absence of sulphates and chemicals.
After the shower, your hair feels more smooth and shiny.
St. Botanica Activated charcoal shampoo
St. Botanica has its way of coming up with a product for all hair issues. This one is completely free of parabens and chemicals and works so well with sensitive hair.
- The activated charcoal in this shampoo elevates hair growth and makes the hair much stronger. The charcoal also helps with removing impurities and dirt from the hair and cleanse the scalp well. It’s one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
- The other ingredients present in this shampoo are green tea, silk protein and Vitamin E which are all safe on the hair.
The lather is surprisingly strong given this is a herbal product. On the downside, some reviews have stated that this shampoo can slightly dry your hair out when used regularly.
OGX macadamia shampoo
Having no sulphates and chemicals is the perfect blend for someone who has damaged hair strands.
- This OGX shampoo is made especially for those who have damaged strands. The presence of macadamia oil nourishes the hair and gives it enough moisture to give it shine.
- It has extracts of sugarcane and bamboo which are very rare for shampoos to have. Using this shampoo on a regular basis gives your hair shine and thickness and keeps it healthy always.
Don’t hesitate from using this shampoo on a regular basis fearing your hair will dry out. The product costs a bit much and can be slightly hard to find as well.
Biotique green apple shampoo
Biotique is back again with a sweet-smelling shampoo that has the extracts of green apple. It is completely ayurvedic and does not contain sulphates.
- The pH balanced formula of this shampoo helps cleanse the scalp and remove dandruff from the hair.
- This best suits women who have oily hair and eliminates itchiness and irritation on the scalp. It’s one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
We assure you that your scalp will be squeaky clean every time you use this. Some reviews state that the hair can feel slightly rough in the beginning but eases with the texture with time.
L’Oreal Paris Ever fresh sulphate free shampoo
L’Oreal offers this anti dandruff shampoo free of parabens and sulphate free. It’s one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
- It is infused with exotic botanicals which cleanses the scalp and removes dandruff effectively if used on a regular basis.
- The shampoo is clinically proven to be safe and effective on all hair types. This also caters to people with sensitive scalp conditions.
Another reason we love this shampoo is that it treats color treated hair just right and does not rip the dye off. Besides all this, it also hydrates the hair and exudes shine and lustre.
Kerastase discipline bain sulphate free shampoo
Kerastase is a luxury product for sure. But it is also equally effective and keeps your scalp squeaky clean at all times.
- Using this on your hair every alternate day can really cleanse the scalp and works well with elevating hair growth and keeping it shiny all day long.
- We love the smell of this shampoo and the fact that it is long-lasting. The product is capable of eliminating frizz and split end free as well.
If you are having a bad hair day with your tresses falling flat, this shampoo works wonders and boosts the texture of your hair.
Khadi Mauri herbal shampoo
Khadi is a brand that offers natural products for every skin and hair issue. Even though this is a premium brand it has managed to fit into everyone’s expectations.
- The combination of aloe vera and amla makes it powerful for hair growth and keeps the shine and texture of your hair intact.
- It also acts as a protective layer on the hair against dust and other pollutants which will strike out making your hair strands appear tired and weary. It’s one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
- The absence of sulphates and chemicals also works in smoothening your hair strands and gives you a good pH balance.
This shampoo works well with all hair types. We have noticed that this shampoo eliminates frizz and smoothens the hair strands out with long-lasting aftermath of the shower. It reduces inflammation and itchiness on the scalp and keeps it clean at all times.
WOW apple cider shampoo
WOW apple cider shampoo is made with natural ingredients and is devoid of any chemicals.
- It mainly works its way through dandruff and other impurities on the scalp. Accumulation of dirt on the pores can cause itchiness and other irritations so washing your hair on a regular basis with this shampoo can be a huge relief.
- This especially works well for those who have a dry scalp as it helps retain moisture on the hair and hydrates it well. Your hair appears shiny and lustrous with this shampoo.
The pH balance formula on this shampoo works well for those who have a sensitive scalp. The thing with WOW is that it is a brand which is easily available online.
Using safe products on your hair contributes to the health of your hair in the long term and allows you to be confident about maintaining texture. But for that to happen you need to start making the right choices with the shampoos you are using.
Especially when you are using it on a regular basis. The above list of products helps you focus on the aspects of your hair that actually needs work. Check out our list of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India for all the details.
What are Sulphates?
Sulphates are chemicals that are commonly used as cleaning agents. Everything from soap to detergents and of course shampoos contains varying level of Sulphates. Sulphates are split into two types: sodium Lauryl sulfate and sodium Laureth sulfate.
Unfortunately, sulphates happen to be extremely harsh chemicals. Especially since it’s so effective in getting rid of dirt so quickly. It is the primary chemical that helps create a lather when used with water and it is this lather that helps cleanse dirt effectively.
Shampoos lather fast and it helps get rid of dirt and oil from your hair and scalp. However, while it gives your hair and smooth and shiny appearance, it also happens to get rid of the essential natural oil. And if your hair is consistently losing the oil, it’s bound to become extremely dry and it might break easily resulting in hair issues.
Not only the hair itself but even your scalp is bound to be affected with constant exposure, resulting in hair fall. These shampoos that contain sulfate are even worse for those with hair colour as it strips the colour much faster. So, it’s much better to use Sulfate-free Shampoo.
Why use Sulfate-free Shampoo?
As mentioned earlier, Sulfate shampoos are really harsh on the hair as the lather and foam strips natural/beneficial oils, in addition, to dirt. Repeated use of Sulfate shampoos can cause excessive damage and even hair fall. This is why there’s nothing better than alternatives such as Sulfate-free shampoos.
These specifically lock in the natural oil of the hair while helping get rid of the dirt. Most importantly, it also doesn’t strip the moisture from the hair and hair follicles. So, you won’t have to deal with dry hair. Additionally, the retention of the natural oils help promote healthy hair growth.
Sulfate-free shampoos are also useful for those with sensitive skin. If you’re susceptible to rashes or allergic to sulfates then sulfate-free shampoos can be a great alternative as they are free from all kinds of irritants.
Things To Consider When Buying A Sulfate-Free Shampoo
While Sulfate-free shampoos are comparatively best than shampoo filled with sulfates and other chemicals, you still need choose the right kind for you. So, please refer to the following buyer’s guide for all the details.
Hair Type And Texture
- This is, of course, the most important factor you’ll need to consider when choosing your sulfate-free shampoo. For example, if you have oily hair then you’ll need to get a sulfate-free shampoo with oil-balancing agents. Because too much oil isn’t a good thing either. And if you have dry, fizzy, and dull hair, then you should opt for a sulfate free shampoo with nourishing and hydrating agents like almond oil or Jojoba.
- If you have regular hair, then soothing and hydrating sulfate free shampoos would be ideal. Now, for those with coloured hair, you should get repairing sulfate free shampoos as it will not only help retain the colour longer but it will also help the nourish chemically treated hair.
- Sulfate-free shampoos have tremendous range when it comes to ingredients. And we recommend you stick to the ones that don’t contain synthetic fragrances or alcohol as these can still damage your hair. If your choosing sulfate free shampoos then you might as well benefit from it completely. So, anything with plant based compounds would be ideal. Of course, ensure you aren’t allergic to anything like soy.
Hipbrands puts together some of the best brands in India to make it easier for our readers to purchase wisely.
I’m Preethi Menon, an avid learner of tech and gadgets. I have been reviewing top brands for 5 years and aim to do the same more elaborately so as to give a customer everything there is to know about a particular brand. There are brands in India that are overlooked due to the dominating mainstream direction we are headed in. At Hipbrands, we believe in the balance of quality and cost and focus on brands that provide exactly that!
To give you an insight into our expertise, here are some of the major categories that we cover on our site – Technology, Fashion, Food, Accessories, and Information.
So brace yourselves into knowing more and experiencing more from the best brands in the country!
The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo
The Body Shop Rainforest shampoo is one of the Best Sulfate Free Shampoos in India.
Product SKU: SF00293
Product Brand: The Body Shop
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: ₹695
Price Valid Until: 2021-09-30
Product In-Stock: InStock