Having a snack without ketchup is incomplete!
Tomato ketchup has become the signature add-on for most of our snacks and it’s here to stay. The tangy flavour of the ketchup makes any snack tasty and delicious. Even though it may look like there are one flavour and one taste for all the kinds of ketchup, there are flavours and differences to it. That’s why we have curated the most selling tomato ketchup brands in India.
Related: 8 Best Fruit Juice Brands in India
After a lot of research, I found out that there’s one ketchup brand that beats the others by being easily available while also having a rich and tangy flavour.
According to a recent census in the food industry, Maggi is the best selling in India because of how tangy and tasty it is. It is thick in consistency and provides a very tangy taste. It costs around Rs. 150 which is affordable a 500 ml bottle which is priced a lot lower than most other brands. Besides this, it comes in a lot of other flavours including chilli and hot and sour and rich tomato flavour.
Related: 11 Best Coffee Brands in India
Most Selling Tomato Ketchup Brands in India
Maggi is known for its extraordinary collection of the best noodles in India but their tomato ketchup is no disappointment either! It’s one of the Most Selling Tomato Ketchup Brands in India!
- Being a big lover of tomato ketchup I loved the thick texture of the Maggi ketchup. The richness of the tomato sauce is something that will have you coming back for more.
- This ketchup works wonders with deep-fried Indian snacks and gives you a whole other taste.
- The flavor of the tomato ketchup works really well with any food on the table but we have some favorites. Pakodas, Vadas, samosas, and puffs go really well with this plain tomato ketchup.
|Has a very tangy flavor.||Might be slightly plain if you’re looking for flavors.|
Heinz Tomato Sauce
Heinz is known for the balanced taste it gives in its tomato ketchup. It works really well with all sorts of snacks and stays a favorite among most of the Indians.
- It does not have an extremely sweet taste like most other brands and that’s what drew me to this particular ketchup brand. I could have this with a cup of tea and yet not have an after taste.
- It comes with a nozzle cap which works really well when it comes to practical usage. You can be sure of zero leakage or the ketchup sitting out near the cap.
- The packaging is made of a plastic container and is shaped in a way that is easy to hold and gives you a good grip.
- The ketchup is slightly expensive but I think this is worth the investment because of the safe flavoring and extraordinary taste.
|Amazing flavour and works well with any kind of food.||Expensive.|
Cremica tomato ketchup
Cremica might not be that popular in the India market as of now but according to me, this deserves to be part of the best selling in India!
- The highlighting feature of this ketchup is the feasibility and how practical it is to use it. The Squeesy feature has been adapted by many other ketchup brands for how well it can be used and how comfortable it is to use.
- Besides the comfort part of it, it tastes amazing. I always like a flavoured ketchup and this is exactly that with a touch of garlic and a whole lot of spices.
- The ingredients are super safe consisting of tomato pulp, traditional salt and sugar and glucose which is means they are perfectly safe and healthy.
|Super safe anc comfortable to use this ketchup.||Not easily available.|
Kissan tomato ketchup
Kissan is a popular brand in India which has a variety of jams and other food products.
- It comes with a number of flavours including chilli, garlic and spicy sauce which works as an add on for all kinds of snacks.
- The ketchup brand is safe for children as it is made out of organic ingredients and freshly pulped tomatoes.
- The texture of the ketchup is very mild. Its not very watery but not extremely thick as well which is perfect for those looking for the best of both worlds.
|Made out of safe ingredients.||None.|
Del Monte tomato ketchup
If you’re in a restaurant with a good rep, then you can be sure that Del Monte is the name of their ketchup!
- This is both mild and tangy at the same time and works for all kinds of ketchup lovers. It is normal to be particular of the consistency of the ketchup and it has a direct impact on the food that you will adding it to.
- The squeeze bag it comes in is perfect for you to use it and not have drips and leakage which is one very common problem with ketchup.
- Another main feature of the ketchup is that its great for adding it to spicy food as it reduces the spice and gives your taste palette a treat.
|Great for all kinds of food.||None.|
Maggi hot and sweet tomato ketchup
Here’s yet another one from Maggi which is an extraordinary flavour that has become one of the best selling ketchup brands in India.
- The hot and sour flavour is something that is not very common among other brands and that’s where Maggi stands out!
- If you have a threshold for spice then this ketchup will excite you even further as it goes well with other spicy food. Don’t worry about it getting too hot since the sour taste balances the taste.
- The glass bottle that it comes in is the typical Maggi ketchup look and comes in large quantity.
|Comes in good quantity.||The glass bottle is more prone to breakage.|
Ching’s schezwan sauce
Ching’s is making its way into giving a different flavour which the Indian consumers are just loving! It is hands down one of the Most Selling Tomato Ketchup Brands in India!
- Ching’s has improvised on its taste and flavour when it comes to serving the Indian clientele.
- Besides the yummy instant noodles they have, their sauce and other flavoured food products do justice to basically anything that you want ketchup for.
- We must warn you that this could be slightly spicy so if you are sensitive to that we suggest you take very minimal amount. But if you are on the other end of the spectrum then you will love this.
|Has a wonderful blend of flavours and spices.||Can be slightly spicy for those who can’t withstand too much.|
Tops tomato ketchup
Tops is a brand in India that has been around for an extremely long time and has marked its brand among ketchup lovers.
- Tops go through a very clean and safe process and is checked for unsafe chemicals or ingredients that is added in the tomato ketchup.
- What we love about this ketchup is the rich flavour and the incredible taste it comes with.
- Tops does not compromise with the quality of the ketchup and makes sure their customers come back for more.
- Given the quality of the ketchup, this is priced on the higher side.
|Good quality and extreme safety measures taken.||Expensive.|
Everest tomato ketchup
Everest is a well known brand in India with only the best food products that are known for quality and great taste.
- The Everest ketchup comes in different packages including glass bottles, sachets and pouches.
- They are known for the cheap rates they come in and appear affordable to everyone.
- Besides ketchup, they have other high-quality food products that Indians swear by and consume in large quantities.
Tomato ketchup is held in high regards in the food industry and with these different types of ketchup that we have curated, we hope you buy the best and have the best experience with it.
Hipbrands puts together some of the best brands in India to make it easier for our readers to purchase wisely.
I’m Preethi Menon, an avid learner of tech and gadgets. I have been reviewing top brands for 5 years and aim to do the same more elaborately so as to give a customer everything there is to know about a particular brand. There are brands in India that are overlooked due to the dominating mainstream direction we are headed in. At Hipbrands, we believe in the balance of quality and cost and focus on brands that provide exactly that!
To give you an insight into our expertise, here are some of the major categories that we cover on our site – Technology, Fashion, Food, Accessories, and Information.
So brace yourselves into knowing more and experiencing more from the best brands in the country!