Induction cooktops were once an additional mode of cooking to the LPG, but now, in many households, they are the primary mode of cooking. Having made life easier for many single women and men, the very stylish induction cooktops have lots of praises to their name. And they are plenty in the market. They might look fancy with lots of buttons, but anybody who has used them once or a couple of times knows they are more convenient to cook on than on a gas stove. Here are the top induction cooktops in India:
Best induction cooktops in India
#1- Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop
With a simple design, this neat induction cooktop by Pigeon is one of the top-selling induction cooktops in India.
- Functioning at 1800 Watts, this cooktop can heat up a bowl of milk in about 10 minutes.
- The safety feature does not allow it to heat up when there is no induction bottom utensil placed on it.
- It also has a timer feature where it can shut off automatically according to the time you set on it.
- The original price is on the higher side but you can get this on a discount online.
- The downside to this cooktop is the build quality.It is not very sturdy and requires handling it with a bit of care.
|Enough safety features.||Not a strong build.|
#2- Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
If you thought you couldn’t make a rectangle-shaped cooktop interesting, think again!
- Philips, which prides itself on making its electronics sleek and attractive, brings you the Viva collection induction cooktop designed with smooth curved edges and a touch-sensitive control panel.
- Of course, this is priced at a premium, double of what you would pay for another 2100 watt cooktop, but this is also super efficient and lasts many years of daily cooking, making it worth every penny you spend.
- It comes with all the safety features including the automatic turn off when you don’t choose a setting for a minute.
- The cool touch surface keeps you safe while you cook.
- The product is durable and comes with a 1-year warranty.
|Durable product with premium features.||Expensive.|
#3- Prestige PIC 20 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop with Push button (Black)
A name synonymous with cooktops, pressure cookers and other Indian cookware, Prestige is one of the top-selling brands of induction cooktops in India.
- The PIC 20 is the basic 1200 Watt cooktop that is ideal if you want to use it in a hostel room for cooking daily necessities like your morning cup of tea or an omelette or your favourite noodles.
- You can also use it to cook heavy-duty meals but it might take a bit of time since the wattage is low.
- The control panel comes with all the options you require for Indian cooking and the microcrystal glass panel is strong and durable.
|Premium control panel.||None.|
#4- iBELL 2000W induction cooktops in India
If all those fancy buttons and settings scare you, go for the lower-priced iBell 2000 W induction cooktop.
- Let’s face it, anyone who’s used an induction cooktop for several years knows that you can cook without the settings, simply by altering the temperature.
- iBell gives you a simple control panel with just 6 buttons, including the one to turn it on.
- It does come with all the safety features you require while you use this, like the overheat protection and automatic shutoff.
- The LED display is clear and easy to read.
- While you get a 1-year warranty by default, you can register and extend this to another 6 months for free.
|Good safety features||Only 1 year warranty|
#5- Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900- Watt Induction Cooktop
Here we have another Prestige induction cooktop, this one being the PIC 16.0, functioning at 1900 Watts.
- With press buttons on the control panel featuring many Indian menu settings, this sturdy cooktop is easy to use and very efficient.
- Perfect for a family of two, you can cook a full meal on this pretty quickly.
- The design is simple but this cooktop comes with an intelligent power saver technology where it monitors the temperature and adjusts its power output depending on the size of the cookware placed on it.
- The “Pause” function also comes in very handy when you want to resume your cooking after a brief while instead of having to key in the settings again.
|Power saver is very efficient.||Expensive.|
#6 – Prestige PIC 6.1 V3 2200-Watt Induction Cooktop
If you have a family of 4 or you cook large meals every session and like to have it done at supersonic speed, get yourself the Prestige PIC 6.1 V3 cooktop.
- With a power output of 2200 Watts, you can go from start to finish in no time! The control panel is fancier than the other Prestige models with it having soft-touch buttons instead of the press buttons, giving this a sleek and modern appearance.
- Apart from the safety features, this cooktop comes with an “automatic whistle counter” that senses your pressure cooker’s activity and changes to a “keep warm” mode until you turn it off.
|Automatic whistle feature||Costly|
#7- Usha Cook Joy induction cooktop in India
The first thing we noticed about Usha Cook Joy induction cooktop is the length of the power cord.
- With a length of over a metre, this makes life really convenient when it comes to where you want to connect this.
- As for the other features, the options are basic with 5 menu settings, a timer and a power button.
- It has voltage fluctuation resistance upto 1500 V and an automatic power saving feature.
- We would say this is a product that has found the right balance between quick when it comes to cooking, with just enough settings you need, at a price that is affordable.
- There is a warranty of one year on this cooktop.
|Affordable.||Only one year warranty.|
#8- Havells Insta Cook induction cooktop in India
With its swanky design, Havells is an induction cooktop that gets you to give it a second look, for sure.
- The black and gold design are attractive and the cooktop itself is quite efficient. There are a few necessary settings on the menu, like “boil”, “gravy/dal” and a deep fry option.
- This has an intelligent sensor that adjusts the temperature according to the cooking.
- It is also energy efficient and performs at a wattage of 1400.
- This is an ideal cooktop if you are cooking for one or two people.
- Weighing less than 2 kgs, Havells Insta cook is a light and portable one, with a warranty of one year.
|Light and portable.||Expensive|
#9- Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 induction cooktop in India
With 9 pre-set menu options that vary from braise to boil to deep fry, the Bajaj Majesty ICX7 is a great solution for those with large families.
- Cooking at 1900 Watts, you will have your meals ready super quick.
- The push buttons are tactile and easy to use.
- In a black with golden markings, this cooktop also looks really good. It has a “keep warm” mode and an automatic shut off feature which helps you save electricity.
- This is slightly heavier than other cooktops, weighing a little less than 4 kgs. Nevertheless, it is still portable and convenient to use.
- Bajaj gives you a warranty of 1 year on this product and it is priced on par with the other premium brands in the market.
|Super convenient to use.||Expensive.|
Induction cooktops are proof that we have progressed in time and life! If moving from fire to electric coils was considered advancement, then this is from another planet altogether. Working without an element and using magnetic power to transfer heat to your utensil, induction cooktops help you cook much quicker and without a mess. Also, the heat radiated is lower so you aren’t sweating buckets when you’re in the kitchen. Since most top induction cooktops come with features like a timer, you can even relax in the other room while the cooktop is doing the work.
What should I look for when buying an induction cooktop?
- Cooktop size: This should be one of your primary considerations. How much are you going to cook and for how many people? That will help you decide on the size of the cooktop
- Wattage: Look for the power capacity of a cooktop. That will help you figure out how quickly it is going to cook your food
- Control Panel: While lots of buttons and settings might seem fancy, choose one that best suits your needs. If you are never going to make idlis, the setting doesn’t really matter, does it?
- The display: It’s important to have a clear and visible display so that you know at what temperature your cooktop is functioning
- Safety cut off feature: This is important in choosing a cooktop. Especially if you are new at cooking, you want something that will cut off if the temperature goes beyond a point to avoid burning the house down!
- Appealing design: This might not sound important, but I look at it this way. If you are going to spend time in the kitchen rustling up your favourite meals, your induction cooktop should be something that inspires you to do so. So choose a design that is attractive to you
Is induction cooktop worth the money?
Induction cooktops might seem like an expensive buy initially but they are so convenient, easy to use and safer than gas stoves. They are light and portable, so you can use them in your bachelor apartment or a hostel room or even when you’re travelling. Being so small, they are also easier to clean than a massive, heavy gas stove. I can keep listing the pros of induction cooktops cos they are definitely worth every rupee you spend on them.